Serve: 2 pax
- 2 packets of Xndo Zero Rice, preheated as instructions on packaging
- 6-8 sprigs Chinese spinach, cut into 5 cm long strips
- 4-5 stalks green asparagus, tender portion only, cut into 5 cm long strips
- Half a yellow zucchini, cut into 5 cm long slices
- 1 medium carrot, cut into 5 cm long slices
- 4-5 dried shiitake mushrooms, soaked until soften, sliced thinly
- 1 piece of braised firm beancurd (store bought)
- 1 cup homemade kimchi (using vegetarian fish sauce)
- 2 eggs for sunny side up
Gochujang sauce mix Ingredients:
- 3 tbsp gochujang sauce
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 1 tbsp light soya sauce
- 1/2 tbsp honey
- To a small pot of water, blanch Chinese spinach and asparagus separately until soften. Drain and set aside
- Add some cooking oil to a saucepan and saute carrots and zucchini separately with a small pinch of salt until soften. Set aside
- Braise sliced mushrooms with 1/2 tbsp oyster sauce, 1/2 tbsp light soya sauce, 1/2 tbsp sugar and 1/2 cup water until the mushrooms are tender and the sauce is mostly reduced.
- In a small bowl, mix all the gochujang sauce mix ingredients until a thick paste is formed.
- To assemble, pour Xndo Zero Rice into two serving bowls and arrange all the ingredients around the bowl.
- Scoop a generous dollop of Gochujang Sauce Mix in the middle and top with sunnyside ups.
- Drizzle with more Korean sesame oil and toasted sesame seeds.
- Serve immediately.
*Recipe by Alan Goh from Singapore Home Cooks