BREAKFAST GRAIN BOWL
- 25g Quinoa, rinsed
- 50g Water
- 1 packet of Xndo Zero Rice
- 1/3 a ear of Corn
- A handful of Pine nuts
- Salt and Pepper, to taste
- Cherry Tomatoes
- Arugula, rinsed
- Avocado, pitted and sliced
- Lemon wedge
- Place quinoa and water in a microwave-safe bowl, cover with a microwave-safe plate and microwave on High for 6 mins. Stir and microwave for another 3 mins. Let it stand, covered, till all the water has been absorbed. Then fluff it up with a fork and reserve.
- In a small pot, place enough water to cover the egg and bring it to a boil. Lower egg into the pot and turn the heat to low so the water is just simmering gently. Cook for 6 mins then remove the egg and place in ice water for 2-3 mins. Peel the eggshells carefully and reserve.
- Lightly coat the corn with olive oil then place in a frying pan over medium heat. Add in the pine nuts to toast them at the same time. When the corn is cool enough to handle, cut the kernels off the cob with a knife and reserve.
- In the frying pan, heat a tablespoonful of olive oil, blister the cherry tomatoes and cook the mushrooms together. Season with salt and pepper.
- In a large bowl, toss together the Keto rice, quinoa, toasted pine nuts, grilled corn kernels and arugula with a drizzle of extra virgin olive oil, and salt and pepper to taste.
- Top with pan-roasted mushrooms, blistered cherry tomatoes, soft-boiled egg, sliced avocado and serve with a wedge of lemon.