HOME MADE MEATBALL NOODLES
Group A: Main Meal Ingredient
- 1 packet Xndo Zero Noodles (Konjac Noodles) per pax. Each box contain 5 packets.
Group B: Ingredients for Minced Pork & Crab Meatballs (Enought for 22 pcs)
- 300 gm shredded crab meat (can use frozen crab meat)
- 500 gm minced pork
- 350 gm fish paste
- 4 pcs dried Chinese mushrooms (pre-soaked)(finely diced)(optional)
- 100 gm fresh bamboo shoots (julienned)
- 1 pc carrot (finely diced)
- 1 egg yolk
Group C: Seasoning for Minced Pork & Crab Meatballs (Enough for 22 pcs):
- 1 tsp bean paste (tau chio)
- 2 tsp sesame oil
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1 bunch finely chopped coriander
Group D: For Stock Base
- 1 box prawn heads & shells (lunch box size)
- 500 gm pork bones (briefly blanched beforehand)
- 200 ml homemade or store bought chicken stock
- 500 ml water
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 2 star anise
- 2 tsp bean paste (tau chio)
- 1 to 2 pcs fresh coriander roots
- cooking oil (for browning and aromatics)
- a handful of julienned fresh bamboo shoots
- coriander (for garnishing)
- parsley flakes (for garnishing)(optional)
- sambal belachan or/and sliced chili padi
- Add all Group B & Group C ingredients/seasonings in a large bowl and mixed till even and gluey.
- Make into equal sized meat balls and chill in refrigerator overnight or half a day.
- When ready to cook, heat a little oil and lightly sauté all aromatic ingredients in Group D (i.e. ginger, cinnamon stick, star anise, coriander roots) in soup pot at medium heat till aromatic.
- Add prawn heads/shells and pork bones into the pot and sauté till fragrant.
- Add chicken stock, bean paste, bamboo shoots and water into soup pot, cover lid and allow to simmer at medium heat till boiled.
- Upon boiling point, turn to low heat and continue to simmer for 45 to 60 minutes or to your satisfied richness.
- Remove scums from stock.
- Fold in meatballs in batches. Allow to blanch till fully cooked.
- Scoop 2 to 3 cooked meatballs to each serving bowl.
- Add 1 packet Xndo Zero Noodles (Konjac Noodles) to each bowl.
- Top each bowl with soup, bamboo shoots and garnishing before serve.
- Serve whilst hot.