Air Fried Chicken & Rice Ngoh Hiang Recipe
Wrapped in beancurd skin, take a bite of these dainty ngoh hiang stuffed with hearty meat and vegetables filling.
- 12 to 15 pcs dried bean skin (cut to size at approx. 20 x 15 cm each)
- 2 packets Xndo Zero Rice.
- 300 gm minced chicken
- 1 carrot (finely chopped)
- 1 mid-large onion (finely chopped)
- 5 pcs dried mushrooms (pre-soaked and finely chopped)
- 2 tsp finely chopped coriander
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 1 tsp minced ginger
- 1 tsp Chinese 5 spice powder
- 1 tsp ikan bilis/anchovies powder
- 2 tbsp light soy sauce
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 tsp sesame oil
- 1 tsp sambal belachan chili paste (optional)
- a dash of pepper (optional)
- 1 beaten egg
- Balsamic Vinegar or/and Chili Sauce
- a drizzle of olive oil
- red/green cut chili
- finely chopped coriander
- Mix all Ngoh Hiang ingredients into a large bowl (except for Dried Bean Skins) till even and slightly gluey.
- Spoon 2 to 3 tbsp mixed Ngoh Hiang ingredients onto each piece of dried bean skin.
- Wrap and roll. If need to, spread a little beaten egg to seal and secure the rims.
- Arrange wrapped Ngoh Hiang rolls on a greased stainless steel rack.
- Send to air fry at 180C for first 15 minutes and 200C for another 15 minutes (or till desired colour is achieved).
- When ready, remove Ngoh Hiang rolls from air fryer. Allow to rest for 5 to 10 minutes before cutting to serve.
- Plate, drizzle with desired dressing and garnish.
- Serve whilst hot.
Recipe by Rachel Lee from Singapore Home Cooks