13 Jan 2020
Hua Tiao Ginseng Chicken Stuffed with Rice Recipe
Restore your energy with this iconic and nourishing Ginseng Chicken Soup.
- 1 whole chicken (I used French Chicken)
- 2 packets Xndo® ZeroTM Rice
- 1 Korean/Chinese ginseng
- 10 red dates
- 10 cloves garlic, skin peeled
- 1/4 cup lotus seeds
- 1.5 cups water
- 1 tbsp spring onion, chopped
- 1.5 tbsp coarse sea salt
- 1/3 cup + 2 tbsp hua tiao wine
- Season chicken in and out with 1/3 cup of hua tiao wine and 1.5 tbsp of coarse sea salt.
- Stuff all the ingredients except water into the chicken's stomach by saving a few pieces to put in the pot later on. Marinate for 3 hours or overnight.
- Place chicken in a tanyu pot/claypot, pour 1.5 cups of water with left over red dates, garlic and lotus seeds.
- Drizzle 2 tbsp of hua tiao wine onto the chicken.
- Cover the pot and cook the chicken over medium fire for 30 minutes or until cooked (cooking time depends on the size of the chicken).
- Garnish with some spring onions and serve hot.
Recipe by Jessica Lie from Singapore Home Cooks