10 Jan 2019
Salmon Poke Bowl Recipe
Poke is diced raw fish served either as an appetizer or a main course and is one of the main dishes of Native Hawaiian cuisine.
- 2-3 packets of Xndo Zero Rice
- 1 slab of salmon (de-skin and cut into cubes, marinate with black pepper, salt and teriyaki sauce for 30 min)
- Small cube of butter
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 tablespoon mirin
- 1/3 tablespoon sugar
- 1 carrot (use cutter to cut out flower shape)
- 1 cucumber (cut into cubes)
- 1/2 cup frozen corn kernels
- Sesame seeds
- Black pepper
- Beat eggs with mirin and sugar. In a lightly oiled non-stick pan, pour in a thin layer of egg mixture. When half set, roll egg. Add second layer of egg mixture, with mixture touching the edge of the egg roll, roll when the layer is half set. Set aside to cool and cut into equal pieces.
- Pan-fried salmon till browned with butter and set aside.
- Boil the corn kernels and carrots for about 3 minutes and set aside.
- Assemble rice with all ingredients and serve.
Recipe by Doreen Quek-Tan from Singapore Home Cooks