12 Apr 2017
Seafood Paella Recipe
One of the best-known rice dishes in Spanish cuisine.
- 2 packets Xndo Zero Rice. Each box contain 5 packets.
- 4 mid sized prawns (deveined but keep heads and shells intact)
- 1 squid/sotong (cleaned and cut to rings)
- 8 pcs mussels (can use fresh or frozen mussels)
- 1 mid sized onion (diced)
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 1/2 cup diced tomatoes (optional)
- 1 cup frozen mixed vegetables (i.e. peas, corn, diced carrots)
- 150ml chicken stock
- 1/2 to 1 tsp cayenne powder
- 1/4 tbsp saffron
- Salt and pepper (to adjust to taste before serve)
- Parsley flakes (for garnishing)
- 1 to 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 lemon (cut to wedges)
- In a pan, saute diced onions in olive oil at medium heat.
- Add minced garlic and diced tomatoes to stir fry for a minute.
- Fold in chicken stock to simmer for another minute.
- Turn to low heat and fold in Xndo Zero Rice.
- Add mixed vegetables, squids, prawns, mussels and 1 tbsp lemon juice.
- Add saffron and season with cayenne powder, salt & pepper. Add in more chicken stock if necessary.
- At medium heat, cover lid and allow to simmer till seafood's fully cooked (approx. 3 minutes) and when stock flavours the rice.
- Remove lid and garnish. Serve with lemon wedges and top with more seasonings (at your preference).
- Serve whilst hot.