Chicken Yakitori with Rice Recipe
Glazed in a savory-sweet sauce and grilled to perfection, these Japanese chicken skewers are simply hard to resist!
- Zero Rice - 3 pouches
- Fresh boneless, skinless chicken Leg (Cut to cubes) - 4 pieces
- Leek (Cut to 1/2” length) – 1 piece
- Eggs – 3
- Oyster Sauce - 1 Tablespoon
- Light Soy Sauce - 1.5 Tablespoon
- Sesame Oil - 1 Tablespoon
- Sugar - 1 Tablespoon
- Rice Wine - 1 Tablespoon
- Grated Ginger - 1/2 Teaspoon
- Garlic Paste - 1/2 Teaspoon
- Mix Chicken Cubes and the marinate sauce and leave it for at least 4 hours in the chiller.
- Take out the chicken from the chiller and leave it in room temperature for 30 minutes.
- Skewer the chicken meat and leek. Makes about 9 sticks.
- Heat oven to 240℃ and grill the Chicken Yakitori Sticks for about 5-7 minutes on the top and bottom depending on how thick the chicken cubes are.
- Sous Vide at 64℃ for 45 mins.
Note: Zero Rice pouches - Heated up by placing it in warm water for about 15 mins
Recipe by Mark Ong from Singapore Home Cooks